Organisation : L’Arche Australia
Location : Sydney (office), Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Hobart, Perth, Adelaide
Work type : Part-time
Profession : Fundraising
Salary type : Other
Application closing date : 26 Feb, 2021
About the role
- L’Arche Australia is the National organisation supporting Communities to live the values of L’Arche in line with the Identity and Mission
- Salary packaging
- Part-Time, role based in Sydney office or Victoria
About the opportunity
In this part-time role, the Director of Fundraising and Development will continue the work of the retiring Director, with the National Leadership team and eight L’Arche Communities around Australia.
You will fundraise on an all-Australia basis, communicating the purpose and vision of L’Arche and the positive contribution of people with an intellectual disability in our society. You will seek opportunities to increase awareness of L’Arche and Identify, meet and nurture potential and current donors; implement the bequest strategy and nurture potential bequestors. Implementing the philosophy of ‘One L’Arche Solidarity’, you will be aware of fundraising needs both in Australia and in Communities in the International Federation of L’Arche worldwide.
The term is anticipated to be 2 years, subject to performance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to the values and Identity and Mission of L’Arche through existing knowledge, or the ability to quickly acquire it.
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline, or industry-equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated experience in a fundraising role for a Not-for-Profit organisation, including Gifts in Wills, Individual Giving, Regular Giving programs
- Database experience including reporting and data analysis
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the ROLE DESCRIPTION
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on: Friday 26th February. Send application via email to David Treanor, National Leader – email@example.com
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact David Treanor – 0459 383 857
About L’Arche Australia
Our Identity- We are people with and without intellectual disabilities, sharing life in communities belonging to an international federation.
Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our journey together.
We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognise our need of one another.
Our Mission- is to make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities revealed through mutually transforming relationships.
See Role Description
|Job Title:||Director Fundraising and Development L’Arche Australia|
|Goal:||To develop and support the work and mission of L’Arche Australia, communicating the unique value proposition of L’Arche around person centred support through communities of people with and without intellectual disabilities sharing life together.|
|Reporting:||Operational reporting- National Leader.
Fundraising reporting against targets- Chairperson of the Fund Raising subcommittee of L’Arche Australia
|Part- time 0.4 FTE|
|Salary 0.4 FTE:||$ 35,040 (plus super 9.5% and 4 weeks Leave Loading)|
|Term||One year initial contract with expectation of two year role, subject to L’Arche Australia financial position
Initial review after 3 month probation, yearly performance review
Core Role Requirements
- Fundraise on an all-Australia basis by communicating the purpose and vision L’Arche has for society and the positive contribution people with an intellectual disability make to our society.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase awareness of L’Arche and its funding needs.
- Implement the bequest strategy and nurture potential bequestors
- Identify, meet and nurture potential and current donors, using Zoom, email and face-to face opportunities.
- Communicate the spirit and principle of One L’Arche Solidarity in fundraising, across Australia and the International Federation of L’Arche
- Be available to support and develop the fundraising capacity in each of the communities and projects, aligned to their needs, existing resources, and stage of development
- Work with and supervise the Social Media Coordinator to ensure coherency of messaging and coordination of fundraising campaigns
- Work with and learn from the L’Arche International fundraisers
- Work with National Leader and Deputy National Leader and Board to develop a costed Strategic Plan for the Mandate of L’Arche Australia in 2021, including the fundraising target.
- Develop an annual fundraising plan that supports implementation of the Strategic Plan, identifying and delegating specific Administration/Financial supporting roles and tasks (eg Newsletter, Database, Website, Alumni).
- Identify fundable activities and seek appropriate grants or philanthropic sources of funding for L’Arche Australia (or communities/projects).
- Ensure that donors are acknowledged and informed of relevant developments and receive updates on how their funds are used.
- Oversee preparation of materials to support fundraising, using a variety of means- including video, newsletters, and brochures.
- Manage the fundraising budget and ensure that all monies are accounted for.
|Personal Qualities||Be committed to the values and Identity and Mission of L’Arche through existing knowledge, or the ability to quickly acquire it.
Be enthusiatic and self motivating in creating opportunities for fundraising;
Be able to represent L’Arche to a wide variety of people and in different circumstances.
|Qualification||A recognised qualification to degree level in one of the following or a related discipline: Business; Psychology; Administration, Social sciences||Previous fundraising experience, Project Management;|
|Knowledge||Good working knowledge of
· Microsoft Office 365
· Dropbox cloud storage
· Zoom meetings
· Facebook & Linked In
· Web-based fundraising options
|Experience||Two years experience working in any of the following settings:
· Project Management/ Administration
|Experience of working in non-profit sector
|Core competencies||Computer skills appropriate to the role Ability to maintain high standards of work while meeting deadlines
Ability to ensure accuracy in reports and strong problem analysis skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Commitment to health and safety standards and regulations
|Working Together||Work effectively with leadership team; Delegate and co-ordinate own work with others.
Be resilient with positive outlook
Develop external relationships
|Effectiveness & Professional Practice||Work to improve own performance and pursue opportunities for continuous learning and feedback
Must hold a WWVP card
Requirements of the Role
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of L’Arche and work within the values, policies and procedures of L’Arche, in the context of current legislation and regulations
- Connect with the leadership team of L’Arche Australia Ltd (National Leader and Deputy National Leader) and take part in their regular meetings.
- Actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of L’Arche as a whole
- Be available for some travel to meet donors and the fund raising team
- Report any area of concern to the National Leader and Chairperson of Fundraising subcommittee L’Arche Australia Ltd in a timely manner
- Show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of work to meet the needs of the role. Work during unsocial hours may be required.
- Identify training needs with the National Leader and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of the National Leader
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the Chairperson of L’Arche Australia Fundraising subcommittee from time to time
- To undertake your work in a manner that is professional, friendly, and flexible
Note: This Job Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the work.