Senior Finance Officer (Part-time – 18 hours/week)
L’Arche Australia Ltd
Two-year contract, with extension possible. SCHADS Level 3. Flexible location
L’Arche Australia consists of communities of people, with and without intellectual disabilities who share their lives through creating friendships with each other and the wider community. L’Arche Australia is a public company limited by guarantee and is a member of the International Federation of L’Arche.
L’Arche Australia, and six member Communities, are implementing a Shared Services Business Model which will include a centralised unit to administer and manage: (a) Accounting and financial services including – accounts payable and receivable; and payroll, BAS, PAYG, Superannuation, Budget preparing and reporting; Monthly reporting to Boards; (b) Human resources – including onboarding, data management, liaison with Community staff in training and implementation of HR software; and (c) NDIS claiming, maintaining a database of plans and review dates.
L’Arche Australia is seeking a Senior Finance Officer to take a lead role in their Shared Services model to support the efficient and effective delivery of shared business and financial services for L’Arche in Australia by way of processing accounts and payroll, and providing administrative support to the Shared Services unit to ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
- Formal qualification in Accounting, Business or Book-keeping.
- Demonstrated competence in use of Xero;
- Demonstrated competence in or willingness to undertake training in Employment Hero.
- Demonstrated experience in managing/mentoring other staff.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake financial and administrative and duties with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-skilled environment, which is subject to work pressures and change.
- Demonstrate or willingness to commit to the mission of L’Arche and work within the values, policies and procedures of L’Arche, in the context of current legislation and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team (staff meetings, service reviews/performance evaluations) and to contribute to the development of L’Arche in Australia as a whole
- Ability to show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of work to meet the needs of the role.
- Identify training needs.
- Participation in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- Commitment to undertaking your work in a manner that is professional, friendly, and flexible.
- Vigilance to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and ability to respond.
For further details please contact Ms Carmel Towler, Treasurer 0407 768 921, and to obtain the Application information and Role Description, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should address the Selection Criteria and be submitted by July 30, 2012 to: Dr. David Treanor, National Leader, either by email: email@example.com or L’Arche Australia, PO Box. 4065, Homebush South, NSW 2140.