Transforming hearts and lives- L’Arche in a divided world wants to be a sign of hope.
Who we are, our identity:
• We are people with and without intellectual disabilities, sharing life in communities belonging to an International Federation.
• Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our journey together.
• We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognise our need of one another.
What we do, our mission:
• We make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities, revealed through mutually transforming relationships.
• We foster an environment in community that responds to the changing needs of our members, whilst being faithful to the core values of our founding story.
• We engage in our diverse cultures, working together toward a more human Society.
L’Arche communities help peoples’ lives to flourish, where each individual finds:
The dignity of being accepted
A real place of belonging
Skills so they can achieve their dreams.